# Raffles (new)
A curated collection of User Guide pages related to creating and running Raffles and how they can be included in your fundraising event using the Auctria platform.
Auctria only provides the means to sell "lots" that represent the "raffle tickets".
When you use Auctria for your Raffles you will need to have a method to actually assign "raffle tickets" (numbers) to bidders as well as pick the winning ticket.
- Run A Raffle
- To Run A Raffle using Auctria will require at least one item, a Raffle Ticket, although you can have multiple "raffle tickets" as needed. You can also use Raffle Prize Items although this is optional as it has no impact on the actual raffle itself.
- How To Add Raffle Tickets
- Raffle Tickets are best created as For Sale Items, where you can set a number of tickets to be available and the price of each ticket is set in the For Sale Item Value field.
- Raffles to Heighten the Auction Success
- Raffles can be prolific fundraising tools that can take the auction event to new heights. As a game of chance numbered tickets are sold, one or several tickets are randomly chosen and the holder of the winning ticket takes possession of the prize.
# Raffle Styles
- Pick A Prize Raffle
- Similar to a raffle draw for a single item, a Pick-A-Prize Raffle is often a great way to get more people involved with your event by letting them compete against each other to win one of a selection of Raffle Prize Items.
- 50-50 Raffle
- Similar to a raffle draw for a single item, a 50-50 Raffle is often a great way to get more people involved with your event by motivating guests with the chance to win a large prize for a small fee.
# Related Topics
- For Sale Items
- For Sale Items represent items that are sold for a fixed price. These items are also often "sold" to multiple people. For Sale Items are used, for example, when selling auction Tickets, or "raffle tickets" as well as items where the bidder thinks of buying the item rather than winning it.
Auctria Launch PRO-TIP
As a special case, For Sale Items have an additional Activity related option under Exporting & Printing (in the sidebar) that allows you to Export Individual Sales for the specific item as an XLS formatted file.
- Selling Items
- When Selling Items in Auctria there are essentially two ways to set up items. You can use the For Sale Items approach or you can use Buy It Now Only Items approach.
- Combine For Sale Items
- You can add For Sale Items to any basket to track sales of those items through the basket. The Activity tab for the component item will report all the sales activity, both direct and indirect for the item.
- Raffle Prize Items
- Raffle Prize items are used as the prizes for raffles; or, as an option in which the item is being awarded to the bidder without a cost.