Silent Items Detailed
January 2023: the current dashboard release has new graphics and some interface changes. Many screenshots still reflect the older release and will be updated shortly.
The Silent Items type is generally used for those items that will be auctioned via paper Bid Sheets at an "in-person" event.
- Item # See Item# when adding a new item -- this is a required field.
- Title See Title noting this as a short amount of text describing the item -- this is a required field.
- Type See Silent Items for more information about this item type.
- Item category See Item Categories for more details on their usage.
- Description See Description -- this is used for the long description of the item to expand on the Title detail.
- Terms and Conditions This is used to describe any specific Terms and Conditions bidders should be aware of. See How To List Terms And Conditions as an example application.
- Reference Number This can be used for any external reference for the item.
- Value A monetary value of the item. See Pricing for more information.
- Taxable value See Taxable Value for more details on how to use this field.
- Shipping Cost Amount to charge for shipping to winners of this item.
- Sales tax category This is generally only used when you are charging Sales Tax on the item. See Sales Tax Categories for more details.
- Quantity This value is used to denote how many of the item will be available.
- Allow multiple winners This option allows for multiple winners (when there is more than one of the item available). See Allow Multiple Winners for more information on using this field.
- Max per bidder This option, when Allow multiple winners is enabled, will restrict the quantity a bidder may win.
- Override online visibility startOverride online visibility start time is optional and can be used to control when this item is visible on the Auction Website in Item Catalog elements.
- Override online visibility endOverride online visibility end time is optional and can be used to control when this item is visible on the Auction Website in Item Catalog elements.
- Override online bidding/sales startOverride online bidding/sales start time is set if the item will have a different scheduled start time than the default auction Online Availability time.
- Override online bidding/sales endOverride online bidding/sales end time is set if the item will have a different scheduled end time than the default auction Online Availability time.
- Starting Bid This is the value where you want the bidding for the item to start. This is the lowest bid that will be accepted for the item. Leaving this blank will use a default value of
- Bid Increment This value is the (minimum) amount you want your bids to increase with each successful bid after the initial bid for the item has been made. Leaving this blank will use a default value of
- Buy It Now Price This value is the amount you would consider as the maximum bid amount. Once this value is reached, bidding for the item will be closed immediately.
- Reserve Price This is the minimum bid required for the item to be won at auction.
See Pricing Examples for some ideas on what values to consider for the above.
- Participate in online bidding This is set to No by default for all items. For Online Pre-Bidding toggle this to Yes.
- Closing Mode The Default for Online Items is the Timed mode. You can use the Manual mode meaning an organizer would need to close bidding on the item as needed.
- Override online bidding/sales start This value is set if the item will have a different scheduled start time than the default auction Online Bidding start time.
- Override online bidding/sales end This value is set if the item will have a different scheduled end time than the default auction Online Bidding end time.
- Donated by This is used to show the Donors of the item.
- Solicited by Used for the name of the person that approached the donor about this donation. This information is generally only used internally.
- Receiptable value Used for the item receiptable value, see Receiptable Value for more details.
- Receipt required An informational checkbox only. See Receipt Required for more information.
- Is basket lot/package? Enabling this checkbox will, once saved, add the Contents tab to the item. This checkbox indicates the item is a basket or package containing Partial Items and/or For Sale Items.
- Is gift certificate Enabling this checkbox will allow for Gift Certificates to be printed from Auctria.
- Highlight item Enabling this checkbox will allow you to display the item in an Item Catalog configured to display Items Marked Highlight.
- Exclude from website & catalog Enabling this checkbox will always exclude this item from all printed and online catalogs.
- Location This is an informational value only. This field is often used as a means to note the specific physical location of the item.
- Bidsheet Closing Time This is an informational value only. For Silent Items, this is the time when the item bidding will be closed.
- Consignment category See Consignment Categories for more information.
- Consignment Minimum The minimum cost of the expense generated when this item is sold.
- Consignment Maximum The maximum cost of the expense generated when this item is sold.
See also Consignment Items for more information about this section.
- Display page text If set, this text is used on the Display Pages instead of the description.
- Bid sheet text If set, this text is used on the Bid Sheets instead of the description.
- Certificate text If set, this text is used on the Gift Certificates instead of the description.
- Catalog text If set, this text is used in the Auction Catalog instead of the description.
- Statement text If set, this text will be shown on the Bidder Statements.
This is an internal only information area that can be used to make notes for the items. This information is not displayed anywhere.
Reviewed: March 2023