January 2023: the current dashboard release has new graphics and some interface changes. Many screenshots still reflect the older release and will be updated shortly.
As the old adage goes "a picture is worth a thousand words" and Auctria provides for using images on the platform with items, as logos for donors, sponsors, and the organization as well as a means to provide decorative elements on your Auction Website.∞ Images and Links ∞ Add Images To Donors ∞ Bidder Details
To further customize your auctions you can add images for the following items: Organization Logo; Auction Logo; Item Images; Donor Images; and, if a Sponsor, you can also add Bidder Images.
- Image Sizes
In Auctria, Image Sizes (or "dimensions") can play a very important role where they are used. High resolution images are not necessary for Auction Website usage and will slow page loading times.
- Image Type
Only JPEG (
.jpeg) and PNG (
.png) file formats are currently accepted.
- See Images under the Using Auctria section for more information.
- Have a look at Image Sizes as it goes into more detail on Image Sizes and what may work best on your Auction Website.
- Images And Links
You can save and manage your item images on the Images/Links tab. These are the specific images associated with the item. You can set the default item image used as the primary display reference. Additional images can also be uploaded to automatically generate an image carousel on the Item Details website page.
∞ Images and Links ∞ Item Details Element
- Add New Item - Images
You can add Images when you are creating your auction items.
∞ Add New Item | Images
- Batch Image Upload (advanced)
You can upload multiple images at once and have the system automatically assign them to different items. Each image must be mapped to a single item, however, if you have a folder of images named
item_3the system will upload the highlighted images in the folder and assign them to items#
∞ Batch Image Upload
- See Add Or Modify Images And Links under Edit Item Details for more information on modifying item images.
- Bidder Details - Sponsor Logos
The IMAGES tab is only used when a Bidder purchases an item with the Is Sponsorship option checked. See Selling Sponsorships for more information on this.
∞ Bidder Images
- Add Donors - Logos
The Logos section shows the images that have been uploaded for the Donors, such as a company logo or brand logo.
∞ Donor Logos
When you upload Donor Logos the system will resize them as necessary. An original source size of no more than 1000px works well; and, ideally, the logo should be "square" rather than wide and short, or tall and narrow.
- Add Images To Donors
One or more images may be added to each donor record. By adding an image to a donor, that image will be available to be included in the auction catalog and on gift certificates.
∞ Add Images To Donors
- Donor Details - Images Tab
The Images tab lets you upload a Donor Logo.
∞ Donor Details - Images Tab ∞ Donor Logo.
- Choose Image
Clicking on the preview icon beside the "image" text will open the Choose Image pop-up window. You can also open "Choose Image" pop-up window by double-clicking the default image or using the cog action pencil icon. ∞ Choose Image
- How Do I Link Images?
You can make an inserted Image using the Image element "click-able" by using its Add Behavior property. ∞ How Do I Link Images? ∞ Image Element ∞ Add Behavior
A collection of image-specific website elements used with images.
- Dashboard* | Website | Website Content | Column Content > Image
- Dashboard* | Website | Website Content | Column Content > Image Carousel
- Dashboard* | Website | Website Content | Column Content > Parallax Image
- Dashboard* | Website | Website Content | Column Content > Item Image Carousel
- The Item Image Carousel only works with the default images of the selected items.
Dashboard (above) is in reference to Dashboard in the User Guide.
- The Video element can be inserted in the same fashion as a basic image element and may suit your needs better in some cases.
- You can Customize Email Header and Customize Email Footer if you want to change the default image used by the system.
Reviewed: January 2023