IMPORTANT The Sales Tax feature requires a minimum of the Emerald subscription plan. Please see our Pricing Page on our website for more details.
You can collect Sales Tax on the items you sell and generate reports showing the amount collected.
The following options are available when working with Sales Tax:
- Track up to 3 separate Sales Taxes per "category".
- Add Sales Taxes on top of bid amounts (Exclusive mode); or, calculate and include it as part of the overall bid amount (Inclusive mode). See Sales Tax Mode for more information on this.
- Limit the Sales Taxes calculation to the item's value rather than the total bid.
- Apply Sales Tax to the item's value even if the bidder bids more.
- Assign different items to different Sales Tax "categories".
- Mark bidders as being "tax exempt".
IMPORTANT If you set a Taxable Value for an item it will be the maximum amount sales tax will be applied to. An amount greater than the Taxable Value would be considered a Donation which is treated as exempt from Sales Tax.
Add Sales Tax Category
Clicking this Action open the Add Sale Tax Category page where you can add your various taxes if you are recording them for your event. See Sales Tax Categories for more information on this.
Recalculate Sales Tax
The Recalculate Sales Tax Action will update your sales tax values that have been assigned to items based on the current values you have set in your Sales Tax Categories.
IMPORTANT The Sales Tax on an item is applied when a bid is recorded for the item, if you make any changes to the Sales Tax Category settings you must use this Action to update the values that have been assigned to the item prior to the change.
After clicking the Recalculate Sales Tax Action a pop-up progress window will appear and close when the action has completed.