For Sale Items Detailed
For Sale Items represent items that are sold for a fixed price, and typically to multiple people. They are used for auction, or raffle, Tickets and items where the bidder thinks of buying the item rather than winning it. See Run A Raffle for more information about setting up raffle ticket items.
- Item # See Item# when adding a new item -- this is a required field.
- Title See Title noting this as a short amount of text describing the item -- this is a required field.
- Type See For Sale Items for more information about this item type.
- Item category See Item Categories for more details on their usage.
- Description See Description -- this is used for the long description of the item to expand on the Title detail.
- Terms and Conditions This is used to describe any specific Terms and Conditions bidders should be aware of. See How To List Terms And Conditions as an example application.
- Reference Number This can be used for any external reference for the item.
- Value A monetary value of the item. See Pricing for more information.
- Taxable value See Taxable Value for more details on how to use this field.
- Shipping Cost Amount to charge for shipping to winners of this item.
- Sales tax category This is generally only used when you are charging Sales Tax on the item. See Sales Tax Categories for more details.
- Coupons Sets the Coupon codes for this item. See Coupon Codes for more details on using this.
For Sales Options
An example of a default For Sale item Options section when creating a new item.
Enabling this checkbox will make the item a sponsorship and designate the buyer as a Sponsor.
Changing the default ticket type will open additional options relevant to each type of ticket.
This is the default when manually creating a For Sale type item.
This is used for Tickets items and will open an additional panel in the item's details page.
- Create a table when sold - when this Admission Tickets item is sold, create a table based on the number of Tickets Included and automatically seat the guests at it. Default is
This is used for Raffles and will open an additional panel in the item's details page.
By default, the Raffle will need to be selected from the options available in the drop-down selector. If you used Add Raffle Ticket Item under the Raffles feature set, this will be automatically selected.
This option is available for Other items that may want to be seen as "tickets".
(previously Admission Tickets Included) Number of tickets that a purchase of this item represents. The Ticket Type field controls the kind of tickets generated.
An example taken from a demonstration event with the option enabled.
- Always share a bidder# between guests when this item is bought. (advanced)
- the default for this option is
No; care should be taken if enabled.
- this is only visible when in Advanced Mode.
- the default for this option is
- Quantity Enter the number available, leave blank for an unspecified quantity.
By default, the option Allow Multiple Winners is enabled for For Sale Items within the platform. See Allow Multiple Quantities for additional references.
- Max per bidder This option will restrict the quantity a purchaser may buy.
- Show in default web purchase element Show this item in the default purchase element in the standard website templates.
See Items Marked Show In Default Web Purchase Element on the Configure Items Displayed page for more information on this.
- Online Purchase Behaviour The default behavior is the Immediate Payment Only method. See Online Purchase Behavior for additional details about this option.
- Immediate Payment Only (default) The Immediate Payment Only method takes the purchaser directly through the checkout process to finish buying the item.
- Add To Account Only The Add To Account Only method will add the item to the purchasers account for them to pay at a later time.
- Account For Bidders, Otherwise Immediate The Account For Bidders, Otherwise Immediate dynamically processes the purchase based on if the bidder is logged in or not with logged in bidders see the Add To Account method and others seeing the Immediate Payment method.
- Override online visibility startOverride online visibility start time is optional and can be used to control when this item is visible on the Auction Website in Item Catalog elements.
- Override online visibility endOverride online visibility end time is optional and can be used to control when this item is visible on the Auction Website in Item Catalog elements.
- Override online bidding/sales startOverride online bidding/sales start time is set if the item will have a different scheduled start time than the default auction Online Availability time.
- Override online bidding/sales endOverride online bidding/sales end time is set if the item will have a different scheduled end time than the default auction Online Availability time.
- Donated by This is used to show the Donors of the item.
- Solicited by Used for the name of the person that approached the donor about this donation. This information is generally only used internally.
- Receiptable value Used for the item receiptable value, see Receiptable Value for more details.
- Receipt required An informational checkbox only. See Receipt Required for more information.
- Is basket lot/package? Enabling this checkbox will, once saved, add the Contents tab to the item. This checkbox indicates the item is a basket or package containing Partial Items and/or For Sale Items.
- Is gift certificate Enabling this checkbox will allow for Gift Certificates to be printed from Auctria.
- Highlight item Enabling this checkbox will allow you to display the item in an Item Catalog configured to display Items Marked Highlight.
- Exclude from website & catalog Enabling this checkbox will always exclude this item from all printed and online catalogs.
- Location This is an informational value only. This field is often used as a means to note the specific physical location of the item.
- Bidsheet Closing Time This is an informational value only. For Silent Items, this is the time when the item bidding will be closed.
- Consignment category See Consignment Categories for more information.
- Consignment Minimum The minimum cost of the expense generated when this item is sold.
- Consignment Maximum The maximum cost of the expense generated when this item is sold.
See also Consignment Items for more information about this section.
- Display page text If set, this text is used on the Display Pages instead of the description.
- Bid sheet text If set, this text is used on the Bid Sheets instead of the description.
- Certificate text If set, this text is used on the Gift Certificates instead of the description.
- Catalog text If set, this text is used in the Auction Catalog instead of the description.
- Statement text If set, this text will be shown on the Bidder Statements.
This is an internal only information area that can be used to make notes for the items. This information is not displayed anywhere.
Reviewed: March 2023