You can record purchases one at a time by selecting the item and the bidder, and then entering the amount.
To record a purchase, open the Record bid, purchase or donation page and make sure the PURCHASE tab is selected. The default when selecting Bidding/Sales is the BID tab when coming from the main Auction Dashboard menu.
All examples taken from a demonstration event.
- Click in the Item field to activate the drop-down menu.
- Start typing the item number or name so that a list of items appears. The item list is automatically filtered by Type: For Sale, making it easier to find the item you want.
- Select the item you are entering a purchase for.
- Click in the Bidder field to activate the drop-down menu.
- Start typing the name so that a list of bidders appears.
- Select the bidder you are entering a purchase for.
Note that you can quickly access more information about the bidder by clicking the View icon.
An example taken from a demonstration event.
Enter the Amount
The default values will pre-populate the Quantity and Value of the "Amount" details.
- Discounted Total Amount Example
Select total amount to enter the total amount. You can enter a discounted amount if needed.
For example, if you offer a free bundle with every three "Bundle of Three (3)" item purchases; you would enter a quantity of 4 and adjust the total to $15 (from the calculated $20).
This section allows you to include a payment with the bid/sale, or just record the purchase only.
To just record a purchase only, keep the NONE option; otherwise, to record a payment, select the appropriate tab, for example, Registered Card tab (if available), Credit Card, Card Reader (if connected), or the Other tab.
When recording a purchase you may also want to record that it has been paid. For example, if you are entering purchases made prior to the event, you may wish to record pre-payment. To enter payment details with a purchase, see Unknown link 'IncludePaymentWithBid'.
Record Purchase Sidebar
The Actions sidebar menu is very similar to the BID tab sidebar menu.
- Record Purchase
When all of the information for the purchase has been entered, click Record Purchase.
- If the total amount you entered reflects a discount, the system will prompt you to confirm. Click Try And Force Bid to accept the override amount. If successful, a green message will appear at the top of the window.
- Enforce All Rules
Clicking this opens a drop-down selector to choose if/when bid rules are applied.
- Enforce All Rules (default)
- Suppress All Rules
- Suppress Once
- Clear Page
Clears all of the current information from the fields on the screen.
Clicking this will open the "Bidding Checks" window.
To quickly record multiple bids you can "pin" the item, bidder, or amount. See Pinning Fields for more information.
- Send item won notification
Enabling this will generate and send a winning bid notification to the bidder.
- Automatically advance to the next item
Enabling this will advance to the next item# after recording the transaction.
- Hide payment options
Enabling this option will hide the Payment section.
- Quick bid entry
Clicking this opens the Quick Bid Entry page.
- Open/Close Bidding
Clicking this opens the Open/Close Bidding page.
- Validate Bids
Clicking this opens the Validate Bids page.
If you are entering many bids at once, using the keyboard shortcuts may save time.
S to record bid
B to focus on bidder
I to focus on item
A to focus on amount
Q to focus on quantity
Reviewed: February 2023