Key Topics: Donations
The auction website can allow for Cash Donations pledged to the event as a means to start things off or capture donations after the event. There is also the opportunity to Solicit Items from donors potentially increasing the items and ideas the organization can offer to their guests.
Provide the means for "donors" (actually "bidders" in this case) to pledge "Cash" donations.
- How To Add Cash Donations To Website
- Often times there will be a need to provide a way for your guests to simply make a Cash Donation either as an optional amount or at set levels. Using the Donation Element makes this quick and easy to provide for.
- How To Display Donations Type Items
- By default, when adding an Item Catalog using the Add Section function, the only Item Types that are displayed are those considered "biddable". This would be Silent Items, Live Items, and Online Items. To Add Donation Items to this default Item Catalog you would need to change the Conditions the catalog is using.
Provide the means for "donors" to offer items for the organization to offer their guests.
- Add Section - Item Solicitation
- This will insert a new section into the page that consists of the default Solicit Items "form".
- Donate An Item Website Element
- The Solicit Items element provides a multi-part form for "Donors" to enter information on items or services they would like to offer the organization for the fundraising event being displayed by the auction website.
- Solicited Items
- You can review these "Solicited Items" from the Auction Dashboard by clicking through Items and then clicking on the Review Solicited Items link under the Solicited Items sidebar menu.
- Donation Element
- The Donation Element element lets us create things like a "Donation In Lieu of Attending" page without requiring you to create Donation Items in the event.
- Donation Items
- Donation Items are used to represent projects that bidders can donate to for a specific purpose.
- Donation Levels
- Edit Item Details
- After adding an item, you can go to its Item Details page to edit or add more information.
Last reviewed: January 2023