When Are Item Won Notifications Sent?
Item Won Notifications are sent by default when Online type items are won. These notifications can also be sent from the Bidding/Sales page when a winning bid is recorded.
IMPORTANT - Can Item Won Notifications Be Re-Sent?
Item Won Notifications are generated by the system only and cannot be re-sent.
If Send Item Won Notification is enabled, the Item Won Notification will be sent based on the following:
- For Online type items specifically:
- the Online Bidding End time is reached;
- the Override Bidding Ends At time is reached; and/or
- manually "closing bidding" from on the Item Details page for the specific item.
- For Biddable items, in general, the Item Won Notification can be initiated from the Bidding/Sales page by enabling the Send item won notification option before recording the bid as a Final bid.
Item Won Notifications will NOT be generated:
- when using the Open/Close Bidding dashboard to close items (this overrides the default Online type item notifications); or,
- when manually using the Close Bidding action on a Silent type item, Live type item, or with "no item notification" set.
Bidder Statements As An Alternative
The Bidder Statements are often a better alternative to send via email if you would like the bidder to be notified. The Bidder Statement includes all winning bids/purchases information and will include a payment link when a balance is owing.
Sending Items Won Notifications can be turned Off via the Online Bidding page.
Last reviewed: January 2023