Tags are a way of organizing bidder, donor, and item records.
- multiple tags can be applied to a single record.
- Auctria does not pre-define tags, they are entirely up to you.
- you can add and remove tags at any time.
- lists and reports can often be filtered by tags.
- many features allow you to select records based on tags such as generating bid sheets for just some items or sending an email to a select group of bidders.
- tags can be modified en-masse from the report pages.
- tags can be added through an Excel import although you cannot remove tags in the same manner.
Tags should only use letters, numbers, hyphens (
-), and underscore (
Entering a tag using a comma or space will create a tag from the letters before the comma or space and start another tag using the characters entered after the comma or space.
Although a tag cannot have spaces, you can use an underscore
_ or a hyphen
- to create a "separation" between multiple words in a tag, for example:
You can add tags to records when you are first entering the record.
Tags are shown on the corresponding details page for a record:
You can directly remove, or add new tags, in the Tags control box.
Click on the
x on the left-side of a tag to delete it from the record or type a new tag to add it. Click on the
X at the far-right of the control box to remove all tags from the record.
Filtering with tags
On list pages, click on the Tags icon and enter a tag to filter using that specific tag.
You can optionally "Show records with tags" or records without the tag by un-checking the option.
Filtering a report by tags, and then using the Make mass changes feature to modify all of those records, can be a powerful technique for working with your auction data.
Selecting with tags