You can define/edit item pricing, description, and details, categories to organize items.
Items have many fields available, but in general if you don't know what something does you can leave it set to the default.
Item Types are pre-set by Auctria with specific functionality assigned to each type. See Understand Item Types to learn what the different types are.
To add a new item click on Items on the left, then click + Add New Item
If you want to quickly add an item and then fill in the details later, you only need to define three required fields before saving:
The system assigns one automatically or you can manually assign one. The item number must be unique, and can include number and letters. For example, a ticket item can have the item# TICKET
You can Renumber Items later if needed.
The item must have a title, a one-line descriptive name for the item. The Title will be used to identify the item on Bid Sheets, in the Bidder Statement, and in the Catalog.
The item type controls how the item behaves - see Understand Item Types for details.
The remaining fields on the page are optional. You can fill in the information that you need, and leave the rest blank. Commonly used fields include
- Description: longer text providing more information about an item. When shown online, any URLs in the description will be converted to clickable links.
- Category: optional field to help you organize the items in your auction. An item can only have one category. See Item Categories.
- Tag: Tags are used to filter information in an item search and reports. An item can have multiple tags. See Tags.
- Value: the monetary value of an item can be shown in the catalog or on a bid sheet. If the value is left blank or set to 0, then the value will be not shown. If you enter -1 in the field, then it will be displayed as Priceless when the value is publicly visible.
- Donor: the person or company providing a donated the item. See Donors
- Quantity: the number of the item you have available. Leave blank for an unspecified quantity. You would only need to specify this when you have more than one available.
- Allow multiple winners: for items that are won by bidding (i.e. the type is silent/live/online) are multiple winners allowed.
Click Save Item after entering Item information. For more details on all the item fields see Item Reference
All Item information can be edited at a later time using the Item Details
Adding More Items
You can add items manually using the Add Item page, or there are a couple of other ways of adding items: