Understand Item Types
Items are crucial to all events in Auctria, and one of the first tasks is to add the items you need.
When you create items, you must set an Item Type.
The Item Types are pre-set by Auctria with specific functionality assigned to each type. Before you set up your items, it is best to understand the different items types, though these can always be changed later.
- Silent Items: sold via a paper bid sheet at your event, but may have online pre-bidding before the event.
- Live Items: included in a live auction with an auctioneer, but may have online pre-bidding before the event.
- Online Items: all bidding happens online via either the event website, mobile app or text based bidding. It may happen over a long period, or all happen during an actual event.
- Partial Items: used to build **Baskets**, these are items that have been donated but which are not being sold on their own.
- For Sale Items: items that you are selling for a fixed price but are generally not auction items. Most commonly used for auction tickets, raffle tickets, food, T-shirts, etc.
- Donation Items: used for collecting donations, eg. a Paddle Raise or for projects that bidders can donate to but which they don't actually win.
- Raffle Prize Items: **prizes** for a raffle or similar event that are awarded to a bidder without a cost.
Baskets can be set up with item types of either silent, live online or for sale. They are not an item type in itself.