How do bidders pay?
Each Auction can determine how they would like their bidders to pay.
For items bought/won through the website, this article assumes that they are using Stripe for Credit Card processing and credit card payment is expected.
Items defined as Online
Payment is made after the item is closed.
The amount is charged to the credit card by either being:
Initiated by Bidder.
- the bidder can sign into the website and view their account and pay.
- the bidder Statement email contains a pay online
- the item won (online) email contains a link to the website to pay
Initiated through Auction dashboard
- the Admin user can initiate batch checkout. The batch checkout will process a payment equal to the outstanding balance for each bidder. See Batch Checkout
Items defined as For Sale
- Bidders do not have to register first, a bidder record will be created to track the purchase if necessary
- The purchase amount is charged to the credit card when the Purchase steps are complete.
- The bidder can choose to save the card (checked by default) but they can also choose to clear it in which case the card isn't saved.