# Fundraising Under COVID-19 (updated)
Formerly Addressing COVID-19.
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to affect fundraisers and their opportunities to provide In-Person events, there are still many opportunities to allow your guests, donors, and bidders to help you raise funds for your projects.
We know that it takes a lot of time and effort to make your event successful and how critical it is to your organization’s fundraising goals.
A great place to look for ideas is our article Auction Fundraiser in the Shadow of COVID-19 (opens new window) found in our Auctria blog. We also have the article What to do in 2022, Future-proof the Event Fundraiser (opens new window) to help keep things on track.
# Converting To An Online Fundraiser
Many events are choosing to switch to a purely online auction when the In-Person event is no longer viable due to COVID-19 safety measures. See below for a video showing the conversion process
# Online Auction Webinars
A small sampling of some of our Webinars that are focused on Online Auctions.
Auctria Webinar - Setting Up an Online Auction Using Auctria (opens new window)
Click here for our recent webinar on Setting up an Online Auction in Auctria. This short webinar covers Online settings, Website, Pricing, Getting Started and Going Live checklists and more.
Running an Online Auction Fundraiser (opens new window)
This webinar will show how to use Auctria for an online auction fundraiser.
BONUS -- how to convert a silent/live auction into an online auction
Message Starters for Online Auctions in the Wake of COVID-19 (opens new window)
Auctria is here to help keep the auction fundraiser on track. If you are pivoting from an in-person silent/live auction to an online auction make sure the communication is clear. Here are a few message starters and sample wording for emails, "robocalls", and social media.
# Additional Resources
# Auctria User Guide References
We've pulled out a selection of User Guide pages below to help make finding this information quicker:
- If you are transitioning from a Silent/Live auction to an Online auctions, we cover the key changes to make -- see How To Convert To An Online Only Auction.
- You can provide a way for your guests to simply make a Cash Donation either as an optional amount or at set levels -- see How To Add Cash Donations To Website
- You can send Custom Emails directly from Auctria to your registered Bidders and/or Donors -- see How To Send Custom Emails.
# Ticketed Events
If you were selling tickets to your event you will need to decide how to handle existing ticket sales.
For more options on how to handle tickets refunds see:
# Communicating With Bidders
You can use Auctria to send a custom email to your bidders to keep them informed of the status of your event. See Custom Emails for more on this process.
You can also update the event website will additional informational for bidders as it becomes available.
- Supporting a Community When Real-life Events Aren’t Possible - Meetup Blog (opens new window)
- Community Engagement, Product Donations & Nonprofit Fundraising | DonationMatch (opens new window)
DonationMatch streamlines how companies engage with their communities through event-based donations for silent auctions, raffles, giveaways, and giveback programs. More than $70 million in donations have been facilitated since 2010.
- We Work Remotely | How the Remote Work Community is Uniting During the Coronavirus Outbreak (opens new window)
See what the top companies are doing to protect their teams during this coronavirus outbreak and flu season, and learn how to keep your employees safe and productive.
Last Revised: 2022-01-17