Working With Websites
The Auction website is managed from the Auction dashboard and Auction Website Editor. Both are necessary and which is used depends on the task at hand.
Managing the Website
The Website is created, and its general settings, are managed from the Auction dashboard under the Website section.
From the Auction dashboard you can:
- create the website (set the website name and its address)
- send Bidder Access Tokens
- set up registration parameters
- set Meal Choices
- credit card registration options
- notifications regarding bidder registration
- set up Online Bidding parameters
- online bidding period defaults (this is required for online bidding)
- bidding behaviors (such as proxy bidding and registered credit cards)
- anti-sniping rules
- notifications of general emails for online bidding
Editing the Website
When your public auction website has been created, you can View and Edit the website through the website editor tool. The editor tool is used to customize your website.
The website will open in "Editor mode" which will allow you to make updates, and changes, to the site. There is more information on customizing the website under Website Editing.
From the Website Editor you can accomplish tasks like the following:
- identify which items will be displayed, and/or sold, on specific web pages
- update the website home page
- add a donation button
- set required fields for registration and purchases
- customize text and images in each element
- add/delete website elements
- customize the template page