How To Change The Purchaser To A Guest
There may be cases, especially when you Sell Sponsorship Tickets, where the purchaser of a ticket package may not be able to attend or may have accidentally purchased a ticket for themselves when they meant to purchase tickets only for their guests.
This can be changed via the Create new bidder & assign ticket option.
An example passthrough using demo auction data.
Making The Changes
Changing a "Purchaser" to a "Guest Of..." is very easy to do in Auctria although it does take a few clicks to get to the option where this happens.
- Locate the purchaser (this will be under the Bidders list).
- Open their Bidder Record (double-clicking from the bidder list will work well).
- Click on their Activity tab and scroll to the "Tickets Assigned" section.
- On the row of the assigned ticket you want to change, click on the options menu icon at the far-right (three vertical dots).
- Click on the option to "Create new bidder & assign ticket".
- Click on "continue"... done.
A progress pop-up will display the message Generating new guests; and, once finished, the page will refresh with the purchaser's ticket now showing as a "Guest of..." ticket.
See Update Ticket Details From My Account Page for information on how to proceed with changing the "Guest of..." ticket to the appropriate attendee details as needed.
Last reviewed: January 2023