# Add New Ticket Item
Tickets are specially configured For Sale Items. Once created, a Ticket will appear in your general item list as a For Sale type item.
A Ticket item is an item with its type set to For Sale and has an Admission Tickets Included value greater than or equal to
1. This value represents how many bidders will be accounted for per ticket.
A ticket can represent either a single admission, or multiple admissions. An example of multiple admissions might be a table for eight guests where the Admission Tickets Included value would be set to
8. The ticket sale would create eight bidder records (either with separate bidder numbers or sharing the same bidder number).
You can create a Ticket item using the normal Add New Item function although there is a dedicated page, accessible from the Tickets --> Add New Ticket that will help to get the basic Ticket settings correctly set. Using this page will also make certain the Show in default web purchase element option is enabled. This option is used to ensure Tickets are automatically included when adding a "default" Tickets page.
# Create Tickets
Click on Tickets in the menu Auction Dashboard, then click on Add New Ticket Item under the Tickets dashboard Actions sidebar menu.
The Add Ticket Item page is very similar to the Add New Item page.
The important fields to define are:
- Title - how the ticket item will be listed on the web site, e.g.: Early Bird Ticket.
- Value - the price you want to sell the ticket at.
- Admission Tickets Included - the number of guest admissions this ticket represents.
- Quantity - the maximum number of tickets to sell. Leave this blank (or set to 0) for an unlimited number.
You can also assign a "meaningful" item# for the ticket item, for example EARLYBIRD which may make the ticket item easier to locate and work with than a system generated item number (the default when creating any new item).
Once you have the basic details entered for the ticket, click the Create Ticket Item button to save your new ticket item.
Once a ticket is created, if you want to make any changes go to its Item Details page. You can either locate the Ticket item in the All Items list report, or you can find Ticket items only listed under the Tickets dashboard --> Reports | Ticket Items.
You can either hover your mouse pointer over the ticket Item# (which will display a preview card) and click the Details link; or, you can double-click the Item# to open its Item Details page.