When Are Item Won Notifications Sent?
Can Item Won Notifications Be Re-Sent?
Item Won Notifications are sent by default when Online Items are won.
They can also be sent from the Bidding/Sales page when a winning bid is recorded.
Item Won Notifications are generated by the system and cannot be re-sent.
If Send Item Won Notification = Yes, the Item Won Notification (email/text) will be sent based on the following:
- For Online Items:
- the "Online Bidding End Date" is reached;
- the "Override Bidding End Time" is reached; and/or
- manually using the "close bidding" option on the Item Details page.
- the Item Won Notification can be initiated from the Bidding/Sales page by checking the "Send item notification" option before recording the bid as a Final bid.
Item Notifications will NOT be generated from:
- Open/Close Bidding -> Close bidding (batch process). Even if the item type is "Online", no notification is sent in this case.
- Manually "Close Bidding" on an item type of "Silent", "Live", or with "no item notification".
Bidder Statements As An Alternative
The Bidder Statements are often a better alternative to send via email if you would like the bidder to be notified. The Bidder Statement includes all winning bids/purchases information and will include a payment link when a balance is owing.
Sending Items Won Notifications can be turned Off via the Online Bidding page.