Proxy Bidding Rules
The following rules apply to proxy bidding
- Proxy bids can only be placed for Online Items.
- Proxy bids are not available for live or silent auction pre-bidding, because the system wouldn't be able to apply the proxy bid during the non-online portion of the auction.
- You can not lower a proxy bid once it is placed.
- You can raise your own proxy bid if you have a proxy bid in place for $1,000 and place another bid for $1,200 then the actual winning bid won't change but your proxy bid will be raised to $1,200.
- If an item has a Buy-It-Now price then you can only place a proxy bid for less than the Buy-It-Now price. Someone can still use Buy-It-Now method to win the item.
- If you bid just above a proxy bid value, then your bid may fail, even though the new winning bid is less than your bid. This happens if you land in the gap between the proxy bid and the next bid point (for example, the dollar amount placed between the proxy bid and the minimum bid increment).
- Bids placed on online auction items, by an auction organizer through the back-end application are still subject to be out-bid by proxy bids.
- If you clear the automatic proxy bid checkbox, then your bid will place immediately for full value (but could still be outbid by another bidder's proxy bid).
- Proxy bidding is available when using catalog bidding in Kiosk Mode, however the What am I winning option does not show proxy bids in Kiosk Mode.
- If Text based bidding is used, then bids placed by text will follow the auction's proxy bidding setting by default.